Monday, October 27, 2008

Manny Ramirez


Video, Manny gets frisky with teammate Julian Tavarez.



Manuel "Manny" Aristides Ramírez Onelcida (born May 30, 1972 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic) is a Dominican-American professional baseball player who plays for the Los Angeles Dodgers of Major League Baseball. In 1985, Ramirez joined his parents who relocated from the Dominican Republic to Washington Heights, a predominantly Dominican neighborhood in New York City. He played outfield for George Washington High School from 1989-1991. - Source, Wikipedia

Prior to being a slugger for the Dodgers, he played with the Cleveland Indians and Boston Red Sox. Late Ramirez was traded to the Los Angeles Dodgers after having a few tumultuous seasons with the Red Sox.

Rumors and questions surfaced on blogs about Manny's sexuality when he was caught on tape licking rubbing his teammate Julian Tavarez' head in the nappy boy Red Sox dugout (above, video) in 2007. Personally, I don't know anything about Manny Ramirez' sexuality, but whatever case, I want to see it's his business. What I find both appealing and masculine is that a big man like him is so naturally affectionate with other men in public.

And...it hasn't kept Ramirez from being one of baseball's top sluggers.

1 comment:

Ian said...

I had a post on Manny awhile back on my Weilding The Axe Blog with this same clip.

I love Manny! Especially enjoyed him during this year's MLB playoffs and his playfulness with teammate Russell Martin (a biracial, Afro-Canadian, American brutha).

I can't speak for Dominican men, but I have some Cuban in my blood, and I've notice with some men of Latino herritage they're quite comfortable expressing tenderness towards other men, as long as it doesn't impune their masculinity.

Something to think about. Perhaps my next blog topic. Great post PB!